Sunday, March 06, 2005

SUNDAY NIGHT STORY CANCELLED TONIGHT DUE TO FOUL MOOD

Alas, I have no story for you tonight. An endurance junkie gets quite depressed when an injury sets in and they cannot run. Well, yesterday after my workout, I came home and my lower back started to tighten up. As each hour progressed, the muscles got tighter and tighter until I couldn’t walk without squealing like a 50-year-old woman at a Phil Collins concert. Nothing I did after this seemed to help the muscles. But damn it, I was still hopeful.

I had my alarm set for 5:00 a.m. this morning, and when the alarm went off, I got my ass right up and walked around my home to determine if my condition had improved-- my strained muscles, not my impotence condition. I took about two steps and knew I wasn’t going to be able to go for my long run this morning. I was actually limping. I did kid myself for about five minutes thinking all would correct itself once my muscles warmed up, but whom was I kidding? I was, what a hooker once told me, “perfectly screwed”.

Now, you may be thinking, “What’s the big deal with missing one run?” Well, my slightly abusive friend, the problem was that this run was the LA Marathon. I haven’t missed this race in a while, so naturally depression set in. I did wake up this morning to watch the TV coverage of the marathon, but it just wasn’t the same. It turned out to be a nice day and I was advised by all not to do a damn thing but rest. So here I sit and type and think about next year for the LA Marathon. The only thing that consoles me right now is the fact that the Boston Marathon is next month, and that I will definitely run, injured or not. Hey, some things an idiot just has to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home